Our environmental policy
Updated: 19 May 2013
Our environmental policy is to ensure that all of our activities and decisions make a positive contribution to the Sustainable Development Strategy for Northern Ireland.
Concern for environmental conditions and best use of resources is part of our business strategy.
Our policy is to:
1. maintain an independently accredited Environmental Management System
2. remain committed to legal compliance and continual improvement of our Environmental Management System
3. train all staff in sustainable development awareness and provide specialist training as needed
4. develop and maintain targets in keeping with the NI Sustainable Development Strategy
5. apply the Reduce, Re-use, Recycle approach to waste streams
6. prevent pollution of air, land and water
7. monitor and report regularly on our contribution to the Northern Ireland Sustainable Development Strategy
8. support initiatives to develop sustainable local communities
9. offer environmental and sustainability advice to business, community and voluntary sector stakeholder organisations