Home improvement grants
Updated: 31 Mar 2015
Due to the reduction in grants funding, we are currently only accepting applications for mandatory Disabled Facilities and Repair grants. Discretionary Renovation, Replacement and Home Repair Assistance grants are only available in exceptional circumstances. The current position with the Grants Scheme is as follows;
- The Disabled Facilities Grants scheme continues to operate normally and is unaffected.
- Mandatory Repair Grants also continue to operate and are unaffected.
- All approved grants applications will continue as normal.
- Applications for HMO grants will no longer be accepted.
- All Group Repair Schemes have been restricted and prioritised
Applications for discretionary grants including Renovation Grants, Replacement Grants, and Home Repair Assistance may only be approved in exceptional circumstances. Exceptional circumstances are deemed to exist where there is an imminent and significant risk to the occupier.
If you want to find out more about available grants, call your local grants office.
Disabled Facilities Grants
Contact your local Health and Social Services Trust who will answer your questions, start the process and contact us. You can also speak to your GP or social worker.
Warm Homes Scheme
We are the contract administrator for the Warm Homes scheme. The scheme is funded by the Department for Social Development and is designed to help eligible households improve the energy efficiency of their homes. For further information, visit the Warm Homes website.
As the Scheme is due to end on 31 March 2015, it is important that you apply as soon as possible to check if you are eligible