Setting up a community group
Updated: 26 Apr 2015
This section aims to provide advice and assistance to both community and tenant groups as well as to those who are interested in establishing such a group.
One of the tools available to groups is the Community association handbook ( 1032 KB). It is as a reference and training document by over 600 community associations. The handbook, produced with support from the Housing Community Network, provides information on our policies, procedures and other housing and community related topics.
About this section
In this section you can find out
- How to form a community association
- How to draw up a constitution, and why you need to do it
- Whether your organisation will have charitable status, and what this means
- How to form a committee
- How to develop communications
- How to get funding
- More about Supporting Communities NI and the Housing Community Network.