Rural housing issues
Updated: 29 Jan 2015
We provide a range of services to help rural communities and those living or wanting to live in rural areas. We have developed our ‘Rural Homes and People’ policy and are currently implementing a rural action plan to address rural housing issues. This deals with both public and private housing and applies to small towns, villages and other settlements across Northern Ireland.
- Download the Rural Action Plan ( 1009 KB)
- Download a list of the areas classified as rural settlements ( 15 KB)
The latest Rural Progress Report is now available
- Download the 2013-2015 Rural Progress Report ( 568 KB)
- Download the 2010/11 Rural Progress Report ( 895 KB)
- Download the 2009/12 Progress Report ( 2349 KB)
- Download the 2009/12 Case Studies ( 2575 KB)
About this section
This section provides advice on the following topics:
- New homes - If you need a home or belong to a rural community where you think there is a need for new homes.
- Improving properties – if you want information on improving your property.
- Communities - If your community is interested in forming a residents group, networking with other groups or wishes to raise rural housing issues with the Housing Executive.
- Independent living - If you are faced with homelessness in a rural area or if perhaps your home requires adaptations to help you continue to live there.
- Rural development - If you want to find out how housing can contribute to broader regeneration and development.