Our achievements in Housing & Health
Updated: 19 Aug 2017
Our achievements to date include:
- In April 2003, currently providing housing support services worth over £60m in funding to around 23,000 people in any one year
- Successful implementation of the Supporting People programme in April 2003 - currently providing housing support services worth over £60m in funding to around 23,000 people in any one year.
- Research relating to health and housing is now an integral part of our annual research programme.
- Development of the Homelessness Strategy and Homeless action plans.
- Adaptations in both social and private housing continue to play a significant part in enabling people to remain independent in their own homes.
- Expansion of our Community Safety Team to reflect the application of its new statutory powers to tackle anti-social behaviour.
- A community cohesion unit has been established to lead out our Good Relations Strategy.
- Since 2003 we have been very proactive in dealing with the accommodation and housing support needs of the Traveller Community in Northern Ireland.
- Through our rural policy ‘Places for People’ we are contributing to independent rural living, particularly for those more vulnerable households.
- In partnership with other agencies we are tackling fuel poverty through our heating upgrading and energy efficiency programmes.