Housing Benefit advice
Updated: 18 Dec 2014
Housing Benefit rules can be difficult to understand. We hope this section will answer most of your Housing Benefit questions.
About this section
This section includes:
- some frequently asked questions about making a claim for Housing Benefit
- specific information about the help available for lone parents, single people under 35, students, older people, self-employed people and those sharing a home with non-dependants.
- information about what to do if your circumstances change, for example if you move house or start a job.
- advice about what happens if you are paid too much Housing Benefit, or whether you are able to claim backdated benefit.
- information about Housing Benefit fraud
- advice on how to calculate how much of your rent will be covered by Housing Benefit, and how to make an appeal if you think the decision we made about your Housing Benefit claim was wrong.
If you can't find the answer to your question then please call us on 03448 920 902.