DSD Housing Bulletin published
Published: Thur, 15 Aug 2013
The latest Northern Ireland Housing Bulletin, for the period January to March 2013, has been published.
Produced by the Department for Social Development, it shows that residential property prices fell by 1% between the last quarter of 2012 and the first of 2013.
The bulletin contains data on new housing starts and completions, confirming that:
- The total number of starts was 1,720 - a decrease of 18% on the same period in 2012.
- The total number of completions was 2,004 - an increase of 5% on the same period in 2012.
It also shows that from January to March 2013:
- 4,923 households presented as homeless to the Housing Executive - an increase of 652 (15%) on the previous quarter.
- 2,128 households were accepted as homeless (full duty applicants) for the quarter - a decrease of 9% compared to the previous quarter.
- 1,006 households presented citing a sharing breakdown or family dispute as the reason for homelessness.
The full list of Housing Bulletins is available on the DSD website.
Hard copies are available from:
- Analytical Services Unit, Department for Social Development, Level Four, James House, 2 Cromac Avenue, Gasworks Business Park, Ormeau Road, Belfast, BT7 2JA; Telephone - (028) 9081 9940
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.