Updated: 04 Jul 2015
At March 2013 there were 769 lettable vacant properties, representing just 0.87% of the housing stock.
We put in place a number of measures to address the problem of vacant homes in the public and private sectors throughout the province:
- estate strategies which involved improvement, sale and/or selective demolition
- Urban Renewal Programmes in private areas involving improvement, replacement or a combination of both
- marketing community safety and anti-blight measures in public sector estates including use of alarm systems
- the appointment of Neighbourhood Officers and other security measures
- more intensive management including the implementation of a concierge service.