Use the Consumer Council's energy price comparison tool to compare electricity and gas tariffs for Northern Ireland suppliers.
Switching your energy provider is easy:
- There is no cost to switch
- There is no interruption to your supply
- You can change your mind within the first 10 days. This is known as the ‘cooling off’ period.
Home Heating Comparison
Make the Call – 0800 232 1271
Home Heating Oil Jan 2019
Electricity Price Comparison Table - Nov 2018
Gas Price Comparison Table - Oct 2018
Economy 7 Price Comparison Table - Nov 2018
Electricity Suppliers: Customer Satisfaction Survey Oct 2018
Calling your provider to switch
Before you call, make a note of:
- Your current tariff (price per unit of electricity) and MPRN (Meter Point Reference Number). Both are on your electricity bill
- Your keypad number used to top-up your meter
- Any introductory offers from the new supplier
- Do they offer additional services, for example, large print bills?
Updating your oil boiler
- You can save from £350 to £400, by updating your boiler.
- Your old boiler might be ONLY 65% efficient.
- Summer is the best time to swap your boiler.
You could reduce your yearly oil bill by around 1,000 litres.
Prevent Home Heating Oil Theft (The Consumer Council)
- Lock your gates
- Create obstacles or place gravel around the tank that will make noise
- Use high plants to hide the tank
- Use closed shackle padlocks, as they are difficult to open without the key
- Install outdoor lighting
- Install oil tank level alarms
Northern Ireland Consumer Council Saving Energy
Further information and advice on gas tariffs is available at Consumer Council