The Met Office has issued a yellow warning of rain between between 12.00am on Tuesday 19 January and 12.00pm on Wednesday 20 January 2021
What to expect:
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads
- There is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses
The weather warning is in place for County Antrim, County Armagh, County Down, County Fermanagh, County Londonderry, and County Tyrone.
Further information and advice is available from the Met Office website:
Help and advice
Housing Executive tenants should call 03448 920 901
Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service: 028 9266 4221
Floodline call 0300 2000 100
You can also report repairs on the repairs line text number on 66644. Just start your text message with the word “REPAIR” and remember to include your address.
We have more contact details for other organisations in our "What to do in severe weather" section. There's also information available on how to find your stopcock, and what to do in an emergency.
There's also good information on NIDirect at: