We aim to provide you with the highest possible level of service. On this page we will set out the standards you can expect from our staff. We are always looking for new ways to improve our service, so if you feel like we have no met these standards please contact us.
Our staff will:
- be polite and helpful
- tell you who is handling your case
- be trained to give you the best advice
- wear name badges and always show identification before entering your home
- make appointments for all inspections
Our reception will:
- provide you with a map of all our local offices
- tell you our office opening hours
- attend to you within 5 minutes
- have private interview rooms
- provide you with information leaflets
- provide an interpretation service for those who do not have English as a first language
Elderly or people with disabilities
To help those who are elderly or have disabilities we will:
- ensure our office is accessible
- have staff available, who can use sign language
- visit you in your home if requested
- provide a loop and Mincom system for people with hearing difficulties
When you call our office telephone we will:
- ensure there is someone available to answer your call or take messages in office hours
- be courteous
- tell you our name
- return your call within one working day if the person you wish to speak to is unavailable
- acknowledge your letter within 3 working days
- reply to your letter within 15 working days
- sign our replies stating our name and position
- write in plain English
- make available, on request, a copy of our complaints procedure
- carry out a full and fair investigation.
- reply within 15 working days. If your case is particularly complex it may take longer. We will tell you about any delay.
- apologise if we get things wrong and change procedures if necessary.