We have standards of service that we aim to meet in processing Renovation, Replacement and Disabled Facilities Grants. We always try to be courteous and competent. To help you check the service we provide through our Grants Scheme, we have provided a list of standards that you can expect at each stage, depending on the funding available.
Initial contact stage
- We aim to acknowledge your enquiry within 10 working days
- We will tell you when the inspection of your property will take place, but arranging this inspection may take time
Issue of schedule of works
- We will let you know if you qualify for grant aid
- We will list the work to be carried out on the property and this will be with you within 12 weeks
- We may ask you for more information, for example financial information
We will issue a formal approval document that will tell you when you can start the work and the amount of money we will provide towards it. You will receive this within 6 months of you providing us with the appropriate documents.
Inspection of works
We will inspect the work when it is completed before the grant can be paid. We will do this within 2 weeks.
- We will make final payments when we consider the work to be completed.
- Payment will be within 4 weeks of our inspection if we have received all the relevant paperwork.
Grants offices will normally be open to the public on week days between 9.30 a.m.and 4.00p.m. The grants office will investigate any complaint regarding service. Your local grants office staff will try to settle your complaint straightaway. If, however, you remain dissatisfied you may make a formal complaint to the grants manager under our complaints procedure.
Our standards of service for grants are the minimum standards at key stages in the grants system. They do not indicate the overall length of time your grant will take to complete. Other agencies may be involved with the process and this can add time to your application.
Contact your local grants office for more information.