The Housing Executive is one of the largest housing body’s in the UK and we provide a service that helps to change people’s lives through housing. We employ around 3,000 people across Northern Ireland, and in May 2018 we became first large public sector organisation in Northern Ireland to gain Investors in People Silver Level Award in respect of the new IIP assessment framework.
Some of the benefits that the Housing Executive offer include:
- The opportunity to progress your career within the Housing Executive with the ability to apply for a variety of temporary, secondment and permanent roles.
- We offer a wide range of award-winning learning and development opportunities to support you throughout your career.
- We provide study and financial support to encourage lifelong learning, as well as assisting you with the costs of professional membership fees.
Additional Financial Benefits
- Attractive pension scheme where we contribute 20% and as an employee you will pay a rate between 5.5% and 7.5%; depending on your salary. For further information visit the NILGOSC website
- You will also be on a progressive salary scale. You can download further information about salary scales below:
- A childcare voucher scheme for employees.
- Enhanced maternity / paternity / adoptive pay (subject to terms and conditions).
- Overtime rates are available to staff who work beyond their normal working hours according to their terms and conditions
- Payroll giving scheme is available for employees.
- Inspire Workplaces – providing free, confidential counselling and support to employees 24/7.
- Onsite Occupational Health services which includes flu jabs and complementary Fitech health and wellbeing assessments.
- Paid eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Corporate gym membership, fitness classes and access to gym (at some locations)
Work Life Balance
We’ve developed a range of flexible working practices to make it easier for our employees to have a balance between the demands of work and their personal life.
- Competitive annual leave and public holidays.
- Flexi-time core hours 10am -12pm and 2pm – 4pm, up to 3 days off per month.
- Job-share, term-time working and part-time working.
- Phased returns to work and career breaks.
- Generous work/life balance policies.
- We support many different charitable organisations across the province which our employees support through volunteering and fundraising.
- We are a Green Employer - We are industry leaders in energy efficiency. We facilitate renewable energy such as solar panels, oil buying schemes, recycling etc.