> Home > Community > Community Involvement > Children and Young People
Children and Young People
The Housing Executive’s Children and Young People Programme aims to develop six networks across the greater Belfast area for meaningful, purposeful and sustainable cross community engagement aimed at children and young people in Belfast.
The programme will develop the young people’s skills, citizenship, and vision for the future on themes such as:
- Digital technology
- Social Justice Issues
- Health & Wellbeing
- Environment and sustainable development
- Shared Space
The Children and Young People programme will use a variety of methods to engage with participants in the most disadvantaged areas of Belfast in a community-led fashion.
Forms of engagement may include:
- Peer Mentoring
- Community Safety programme
- Residential trips
- Pre-Tenancy Training
- Active Citizenship programme
- The programme will enable, engage and empower participants from the targeted areas to become leaders in their community and champions for change.
For further information on the Children and Young People programme contact Joanna Felo at email@example.com
- Read more about the Children and Young People Programme
This project is part of Belfast’s PEACE IV Action Plan which is financed through the European Union and managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB).
You can find out more about the project by viewing this short video.
Community welcome packs