Updated: 23 Feb 2018
We were established in 1971 as Northern Ireland’s strategic housing authority. We offer a range of services to people living in socially rented, privately rented and owner occupied accommodation as well as supporting and working with a number of other public bodies.
Key facts about the Housing Executive
- we are a landlord to approximately 86,500 dwellings
- we administer a budget of £750m
- we have more than 3,000 staff
- we offer home improvement grants to homeowners and private tenants
- we provide support to help improve the energy efficiency of private dwellings.
About this section
This section will give you an overview of who we are, what we do and how you can get the information you need.