Skip to content

Home Contents Insurance

Updated: 17 Mar 2019
Share |
You’re responsible for insuring your home’s contents.
If you rent your home from us we, as your landlord, are responsible for your home’s bricks and mortar.
As a tenant your contents are your responsibility.
If any of your furniture, belongings or decorations is stolen, damaged as a result of fire or vandalism or a weather related incident (eg burst pipes) then you must use your contents insurance to make a claim.
For more information about purchasing home contents insurance contact:
  • Supporting Communities: 028 2564 5676;
  • your local Housing Executive office: 03448 920 900 | NGT* General enquiries 18001 03448 920 900
  • speak to an insurance broker in your area; or
  • search comparison websites online.
Make sure you get several quotes before deciding which company to use and ask if they would be happy to arrange for you to pay weekly or monthly so you can spread the cost.
Download Making your Money Work (Adobe PDF 471 KB)! - it’s a good read!
*Next Generation Text (NGT)
For use by those who are deaf, hearing or speech impaired; a textphone or App is needed.