Adaptations in a Housing Executive property
Updated: 23 Jun 2018
Housing adaptations for people with a disability are classified into two categories, major and minor adaptations.
Minor adaptations which don't need a referral
We are responsible for directly carrying out certain minor adaptations which do not require referral to an occupational therapist
- See examples of minor adaptation work which don't need a referral
- Read a step by step guide to applying for a minor adaptation without a referral
Minor adaptations which need a referral
There are other minor adaptations which require referral to an occupational therapist for an assessment of your needs.
- See examples of minor adaptation work which needs a referral
- Read a step by step guide to applying for a minor adaptation with a referral
We are also responsible for carrying out certain major adaptations to tenants homes.
Change of heating
We are directly responsible for the assessing requests for a change of heating to tenants homes.
- Read a step by step guide to making a change to your heating
If you require an adaptation which is not listed, please contact your local district office for details of how to acquire this type of work.