What we need from you
Updated: 18 Jan 2019
Evidence for HB Application
When you make a new claim for Housing Benefit you will have to complete an application form either online (opens the HB online application form) or in writing (opens the HB application form as a PDF).
You will be asked to provide further evidence which can also be done online (opens further evidence online form)
This evidence will include:
Proof of your identity
One of the following
- Northern Ireland driving licence; or
- UK/Republic of Ireland passport; or
- National identity card from your country of origin; or
- Electoral card.
Two of the following:
- benefit payment book
- birth certificate
- credit card
- divorce / annulment papers
- Home Office Standard Acknowledgement Letter (SAL 1 or 2)
- identity card issued by an EC / EEA member state
- letter from solicitor / social worker / probation officer / Inland Revenue / PSNI
- life assurance or insurance policies
- marriage certificate
- medical card
- National Insurance Number card
- UK Residence Permit
- utility bill for previous quarter
- wage slips with employers name
Bank/Building Society current account
If you do not have a bank or building society account we strongly recommend you open one.
If you, or your partner, have account(s) with an amount totalling £2,500 or more we will need a copy of your last two months' account statements and/or pass book. If you receive Jobseekers Allowance / Income Support / Pension Credit this is not needed.
If you receive maintenance or child support payments
Please provide the court order or notice of award from the Child Support Agency.
If you receive Jobseekers Allowance / Income Support / Pension Credit this is not needed.
If you or your partner are working
- your last 5 weeks or 2 monthly payslips; or
- a certificate of earnings (within HB online form or the PDF application form) signed by your employer
If you or your partner are self employed
- yearly accounts; or
- a completed self-employed income form (also available from your local office); and
- bank account statements for the past two months
If you are a tenant of a private sector landlord
- a Certificate of Occupation ( 77 KB) (opens online application form for landlord to complete)
Change in Circumstance
If you experience any change in circumstance ( 54 KB) after you made your application then tell us immediately so we can review your claim.
If you have any questions or queries
- Call into your local Housing Executive office
- Tel: 03448 920 902
- Textphone: 18001 03448 920 902