Commercial Property Department
Updated: 23 Feb 2018
Our Commercial Property Department effectively manages more than 400 commercial units, including retail units, community groups/social enterprises, office suites, business units, transceiver sites and advertising hoardings.
We advertise our portfolio of currently available commercial properties on the Property News website.
To search for our commercial properties on Property News follow these three simple steps:
- Click on tab called Commercial
- buttons – click on properties for rent
- Search NIHE – all available properties
Our objectives are to:
- Ensure maximum collection of all rents and charges
- Ensure best use of all commercial units
- Ensure portfolio is managed effectively and at good value
- Ensure commercial portfolio adds a social return for our estates and communities
Our main areas of work are:
- Lease management of our commercial tenants
- Arrears management and rent collection
- Advertising of vacant units, ensuring units are safe & compliant. Agree terms for letting.
- Negotiate and agree rent reviews
- Negotiate and agree lease renewals
- Regular tenants liaison dealing with day issues eg repairs & arrears
- Asset Management to ensure rental income is maximized and vacant units are minimized
- Management of transceiver sites and Advertising hoardings.
- Regular condition surveys of whole portfolio (minimum 100 per annum)
- Oversee scheme projects such as building works and large scale maintenance work.
If you would like more information you can contact the Commercial Property Department on tel. 028 90 318386, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address:
The Housing Centre
2 Adelaide Street