MET Office rain warning
Published: Thur, 6 Nov 2014
The Met Office has put out an amber warning for rain across Northern Ireland for Thursday 6th and Friday 7th November.
Further bands of rain will move east across Northern Ireland during Thursday and early Friday. Some of the rain will be heavy, notably during Thursday afternoon and also for the first part of Friday in the east.
The public should be prepared for the risk of localised flooding, with the likelihood greatest in the east of Northern Ireland.
If you are a Housing Executive tenant and your home is damaged by storms or flooding this weekend, call us on 03448 920 901 to report the problem.
If your home is at risk of flooding:
- Find out where is the risk of flooding coming from, e.g. drains in the home / in the street / river flooding its bank etc. Report the flood.
- Block doorways and air bricks if possible as a precaution to stop the water coming into the home.
- If flooding is imminent, switch off gas and electricity.
- Move valuables/pets to a higher position and place important documents in sealed plastic bags.
- Make up an emergency kit to include: medical needs, mobile phone, radio, torch, first aid kit, food and a drink.
- You can contact Floodline on 0300 2000 100.