Heavy rain forecast
Published: Thur, 10 Sep 2015
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for heavy rain expected later on Friday 11th September.
Outbreaks of rain will spread eastwards across Northern Ireland from late Friday, probably turning persistent and heavy in places from Friday and into Saturday before clearing from the west. The public should be aware of the potential for disruption due to flooding and hazardous driving conditions.
County Antrim, County Armagh, County Down, County Fermanagh, County Londonderry, and County Tyrone are likely to be affected.
If you are a Housing Executive tenant and your home has been affected by severe weather conditions call us on 03448 920 901.
If your home is at risk of flooding
- Find out where is the risk of flooding coming from, e.g. drains in the home / in the street / river flooding its bank etc.
- Block doorways and air bricks if possible as a precaution to stop the water coming into the home.
- If flooding is imminent, switch off gas and electricity.
- Move valuables/pets to a higher position and place important documents in sealed plastic bags.
- Make up an emergency kit to include: medical needs, mobile phone, radio, torch, first aid kit, food and a drink.
Other useful numbers:
- Floodline - call 0300 2000 100
- Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service: 028 9266 4221
We have more contact details for other organisations in our Coping in a Crisis section.