Warning for wind
Published: Wed, 13 Jun 2018
A spell of very windy weather is expected between 3:00am and 3:00pm on Thursday 14 June, with gusts of 50 to 60 mph likely.
What to expect
- There is a small chance of longer journey times or cancellations as road, rail, air and ferry services are affected
- There is a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs
- There is a slight chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- There is a small chance that injuries and danger to life could occur from large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties
- There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris
The warning is in place for County Antrim, County Down, County Armagh, County Tyrone, County Fermanagh.
If you are a Housing Executive tenant and your home has been affected by severe weather conditions call us on 03448 920 901.
Further information and advice is available from the Met Office website:
Help and advice
- Housing Executive tenants should call 03448 920 901
- Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service: 028 9266 4221
- Floodline call 0300 2000 100
We have more contact details for other organisations in our Coping in a Crisis section