Una Davey is currently working as a Business Consultant, Executive Coach and Facilitator where she, inter alia, supports change management and efficiency initiatives in organisations across the UK and Ireland; assists the growth and development of senior leaders in the private, public and third sectors and facilitates group coaching, strategic planning and training to enable effective involvement, ideas generation, decision making and reaching agreement.
She has worked as Secretary to the Governing Body of the South West College and spent time working as a Collaborative Network Executive at Invest Northern Ireland. Una lived in England and Wales for 25 years where she spent much of her career in the private sector in senior operational roles at BT plc and Heathrow Airport Limited.
During her career, her responsibilities have included:
- Governance and compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Financial and budgetary control (Up to £37m);
- People Leadership & Performance Management;
- Succession Planning;
- Resource and capacity planning (up to 900 people);
- Change management;
- Development of cluster networks across industry, academia and the public sector;
- Writing of successful funding applications;
- Engagement with government departments;
- Trade Union negotiation (Executive level).
She has a committed and pragmatic approach to the roles she undertakes, recognising the need to work together to achieve success. She is a Member of the Housing Executive’s Asset Management & Maintenance Committee. Una lives in Clanabogan, outside Omagh, with her husband John, their 8 year old son, Tomas, and their dog, Cassie.
Her hobbies include walking, reading, writing poetry and attempting to develop a vegetable garden! (Hints and tips welcome!)