We are urging everyone to become top of the class and use our Top 5 Energy Saving tips.
During Energy Saving Week (Monday 5th November – Friday 9th November), we are urging everyone to reduce their energy costs with some simple tips.
As the Home Energy Conservation Authority for Northern Ireland, we have a statutory obligation to promote practical, cost effective measures to help improve energy efficiency.
Our top 5 tips to save energy at home:
- Turn Off at Night: Electrical appliances on standby cost money
- Shower is Best: If possible use a shower instead of a bath
- Room Heating: Avoid blocking radiators with furniture
- Half Full Kettle: Only fill the kettle with the water you need (cover the element of an electric kettle).
- Buy ‘A’ Rated: Try to buy energy efficient (A rated) electrical appliances
By using modern appliances, turning off devices and lighting when not in use, homeowners can save over £125 per year on their home heating bill.
Our Sustainable Development Manager Robert Clements said:
“Energy Saving Week is a timely reminder for everyone to save energy at home. There are lots of ‘quick wins’ for households that not only will make their home more energy efficient but also reduce their heating bills.
“This week we will also be collaborating with local partners to raise awareness of how people can make their home more energy efficient.
“To find out how you can save on your energy costs call the Northern Ireland Energy Advice Line, which is funded by us, Freephone number on 0800 1422 865. By receiving free, impartial advice on making your home more energy efficient – make savings on your home energy bills as part of Energy Saving Week.”
You can also visit the Energy Saving Trust website for more info.