We provide a range of services to help those living in rural areas. This section provides advice on:
- New homes - if you need a home, or belong to a rural community where you think there is a need for new homes.
- Improving properties – information on improving your property.
- Communities - how your community can tell us about rural housing issues, and information on our Rural Residents Forum.
- Independent living - if you are faced with homelessness in a rural area, or your home needs adaptations to help you live there.
- Rural development - how housing can contribute to broader regeneration and development.
Consultation on our 'Reaching Rural' Draft Rural Strategy 2021-2025
Closing date: Thursday 30th September
We are consulting on 'Reaching Rural' our draft 2021-25 Rural Strategy and Action Plan. It sets out our plans to contribute to the sustainable and inclusive growth of our rural communities dispersed across Northern Ireland over the next four years.
For more details on the 'Reaching Rural' Draft Rural Strategy 2021-2025 contact Sinead Collins at:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Tel.: 03448 920 900
When completed, please send the consultation response form to:
Or alternatively, return by post to:
The Rural & Regeneration Unit
The Housing Centre
2 Adelaide Street
Belfast BT2 8PB
Sustainable Rural Communities Strategy & Action Plan
Rural areas have specific housing needs and issues. Our Sustainable Rural Communities Strategy and Action Plan sets out our plans for working with rural communities to make a real difference in the next 4 years.
Clicking on the link below opens a new window.
Sustainable Rural Communities Annual Progress Reports
These progress reports highlight our progress to date on achieving the strategy objectives: