We provide a range of services to help those living in rural areas. This section provides advice on:
- New homes - if you need a home, or belong to a rural community where you think there is a need for new homes.
- Improving properties – information on improving your property.
- Communities - how your community can tell us about rural housing issues, and information on our Rural Residents Forum.
- Independent living - if you are faced with homelessness in a rural area, or your home needs adaptations to help you live there.
- Rural development - how housing can contribute to broader regeneration and development.
Reaching Rural: Rural Strategy 2021-2025
The Housing Executive has published a new, four year strategy, planning for sustainable and inclusive growth in rural communities across Northern Ireland.
Clicking on the link below opens a new window.
Sustainable Rural Communities: Rural Strategy & Action Plan and Annual Progress Reports 2016-2020
You can read the Strategy document and annual reports that highlight our progress to date on achieving the strategy objectives: