You may get up to a maximum of £25,000. The size of the grant will depend on the cost of the work required and your financial circumstances.
We base the calculation on:
- your household’s total income (i.e. your resources)
- what the Government says will meet your ‘basic’ needs
We will include income from:
- all earnings from employment (including self-employment)
- certain benefits
- any other source(s)
The calculations are not based on income alone. We also consider your family status.
- the number of children in your household
- whether you have a partner
Our calculations may show that your income is less than the amount the Government says you need. The grant amount awarded will then meet the ‘approved cost’ of the work.
For more information contact your local grants office.
If you are a landlord we calculate the award amount on a percentage basis.