If you’ve been a tenant of the Housing Executive, or one of the other eligible social landlords, for five years you can apply to buy your home. You can buy all or part of your home.

Tenants with less than five years' tenancy

You may still be able to buy your home even if you haven’t lived there for five years. This may apply, for example, where you have taken over the tenancy after the death of a family member. This is called a “succession”. The tenancy may have been transferred to you by someone else, such as a husband, wife or civil partner. This is known as tenancy “assignment”.

You can find more details about buying your home in this booklet:

Download the tenant's guide

How to apply

You can get an application to buy your home by downloading a House sales application form.

You must fully complete the application form, and you must include copies of the identification that we ask for in the form.

If you fail to complete the application or fail to provide all of the documentation that we ask for, then we will send your application back to you.

Download application form

Advice on buying your home

Get advice on buying your home by phoning one of the Land and Regeneration offices. The contact details are below.

Land and Regeneration (Belfast), 2 Adelaide Street, Belfast BT2 8PB. Tel: 03448 920 900 Covering Belfast, Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council areas.

Land and Regeneration (North), Richmond Chambers, The Diamond, Londonderry BT48 6QP. Tel: 03448 920 900 Covering Antrim, Ballymena, Ballymoney, Carrickfergus, Coleraine, Derry City, Larne, Limavady, Moyle,  Newtownabbey and Strabane Council areas.

Land and Regeneration (South), Marlborough House, Central Way, Craigavon BT64 1AJ. Tel: 03448 920 900 Covering Armagh, Banbridge, Cookstown, Craigavon, Dungannon, Downpatrick, Fermanagh, Magherafelt, Newry, Newtownards and North Down and Omagh Council areas.

Information for flat owners

If you have bought a flat or maisonette from us go to our Information for Leaseholders section.

Buildings insurance

You may need to make a claim for damage to the structure of the building that your flat is in. You can get more information from this leaflet.

Download leaflet

Buying with the Equity Sharing Scheme
Is this page helpful?
Yes No