If you want to buy your Housing Executive home, this section will give you the information you need.

If you have been a tenant of the Housing Executive or another eligible landlord for at least five years you can apply to buy your home. You can buy all or part of your home.


Tenants with less than five year’s tenancy

You may still be able to buy your home even if you haven’t lived there for five years. This may apply, for example, where you have taken over the tenancy after the death of a family member. We call this a “succession”.

Someone - like a husband, wife or civil partner - may have transferred the tenancy to you. We call this a tenancy “assignment”.

You can find more details about buying your home in this booklet:

How to apply

You can get an application to buy your home from the link below:

You must

  • complete the application form and
  • provide copies of the identification that we ask for

If you do not complete these actions, then we will send your application back to you.


Advice on buying your home

You can get advice on buying your home by phoning one of our Regional Place Shaping offices. The contact details are below.


Place Shaping (Belfast),

2 Adelaide Street, Belfast BT2 8PB

Tel: 03448 920 900

This office covers:

Belfast and Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council areas.


Place Shaping (North)

Richmond Chambers, The Diamond, Londonderry BT48 6QP

Tel: 03448 920 900

This office covers:

Mid and East Antrim, Causeway Coast and Glens, Derry City and Strabane and Antrim and Newtownabbey Council areas.


Place Shaping (South)

Marlborough House, Central Way, Craigavon BT64 1AJ. Tel: 03448 920 900

Tel: 03448 920 900

This office covers:

Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon, Mid Ulster, Newry, Mourne and Down, Fermanagh and Omagh and Ards and North Down Council areas.

Buying with the Equity Sharing Scheme