Applying from outside Northern Ireland

You can apply for social housing if you live outside Northern Ireland. We will treat you in the same way as any other applicant.

We will assess:

  • your eligibility for housing in Northern Ireland

  • your housing needs

We will not be able to carry out a visit to your home. So you will need to download and complete the:

  • self-assessment form

  • Housing / Transfer Application Form

Housing Self Assessment Form (PDF 1,1MB)

Housing/Transfer Application Form (PDF 571 kB)

You should complete both forms and return them to the relevant local office.


We will then assess your housing needs. If you are eligible, we will place you on the waiting list for your areas and landlords of choice.

How we assess your application