> Home > My Housing Executive > Adaptations > Adaptations for Housing Executive tenants
Adaptations for Housing Executive tenants
In this section
- Getting help and advice
- A step by step guide to adapting your home
- Examples of adaptations
- Adaptations for Housing Executive tenants
- Housing association adaptations
- Adaptations in a private property
- Home improvement agencies
- Occupational therapists
- Review of Housing Adaptations Services
- Interdepartmental Housing Adaptations Design Toolkit
Adaptations in a Housing Executive property
Housing adaptations for people with a disability are sorted into two types: minor and major.
Minor adaptations which don't need a referral
We will carry out certain minor adaptations which do not require the help of an Occupational Therapist.
- See examples of minor adaptation work which don't need a referral
- Read a step by step guide to applying for a minor adaptation without a referral
Minor adaptations which do need a referral
There are other minor adaptations which need an occupational therapist to look at your needs.
- See examples of minor adaptation work which needs a referral
- Read a step by step guide to applying for a minor adaptation with a referral
We will also carry out certain major adaptations to tenants’ homes.
- See examples of major adaptation work
- Read a step by step guide to applying for a major adaptation
Change of heating
We are directly in charge of assessing requests for a change of heating to tenants’ homes.
- Read a step by step guide to making a change to your heating
If you need an adaptation which is not listed, please contact your local district office for details of how to get this type of work done.
Did you know that you can request a an adaptation to your on the My Housing Executive portal?
My Housing Executive allows Housing Executive tenants to access information about your tenancy and to contact us securely 24 hours a day.
Housing association adaptations