Adaptations in a private property

Adaptations in a Private Property

If you or someone living in your property is disabled and requires an adaptation to your home, you may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant  towards the cost of providing adaptations and facilities to enable the disabled person to continue to live there. The grant is available to owner occupiers, landlords and tenants living in the private rented sector. Typical works may include:

  • improving access to and movement around the home
  • providing bathroom facilities
  • making adaptations to internal arrangements
  • adapting lighting or heating controls
  • improving your heating system

All grant applications may be subject to a test of the resources of the disabled person and their partner, which assesses how much if anything they must contribute towards the cost of the works. All work will only be completed after an occupational therapist assessment.

Home improvement agencies