On this page we will help you:
- Get financial advice and support
- Track and plan your spending
- Improve your finances
- Avoid debt
Don’t forget, it is important to pay your rent. If you don’t, you could lose your home.
What do if you are behind on the rent
- Admit that you’re behind. You are often not alone.
- Speak to your landlord about the situation
- If you’re our tenant, talk to us. We may be able to help with money and debt advice. Contact your Patch Manager / Housing Officer / Accounts Officer on T: 03448 920 900 (NGT* 18001 03448 920 900)
How to set a budget
- Look at how much you spend each week
- Decide how much you can really afford to spend and set a budget
- Download, print and fill-out this handy family budget planner
- Pay important debts first.
- Keep to it!
- Avoid taking out extra credit – it will only increase your weekly spend
- Remember, credit and store cards can be the most expensive form of borrowing
- If you need to borrow, speak to your local credit union about what they can do for you
- If you do get into difficulties, don’t ignore the problem, get advice.