If you buy a flat or maisonette from us, you will have to pay a charge to cover the services that we provide.
This payment covers work that we must carry out. This work includes:
- cleaning of communal areas
- maintenance of communal gardens
- buildings insurance
- ground rent of £10 per annum for all flat sales
The service charge for multi storey flats or flats with communal access will likely include costs for:
- carrying out repairs and maintaining lighting in areas that all residents share
- caretaker / concierge services
- maintenance of lifts
Paying your sevice charge
You will normally pay your service charge annually, but you may have to pay monthly, quarterly or half-yearly.
You will also have to pay towards any planned maintenance and improvement schemes that your home may be included in. This will be on top of your service charge.
There are a number of ways to pay your Service Charges. You can:
- Pay online*
- Pay by cash at any PayPoint outlet*
- Call Allpay automated 24/7 Telephone Service on 0844 557 8321*
- Download the Allpay Payment App (available on Apple and Andrioid)*
- Register online to pay via text*
- Contact the Leasehold Unit for a standing order form
- Pay by cheque
- Contact the Leasehold Unit for call assistance with your payment
*You will need your Housing Executive payment card.
Learn more in our leaflet for flat owners.
You may need to make a claim for damage to the structure of the building that your flat is in. You can get more information from this leaflet.
9 Lanyon Place, Belfast BT1 3LP
Tel: 03448 920 900
The Housing Executive Leasehold Unit will deal with queries in relation to your Service Charge Accounts. Staff in this unit are responsible for the collection and billing of the Service Charges.
Local Area Office
Tel: 03448 920 900
Your local area office will deal with the Housing management of your Premises which your sold Flat is situated in. This will include repairs and services and will include planned scheme/ improvement works.
Housing Executive Repairs Line
Tel: 03448 920 901
To report a repair to the communal areas of your Flat you should call the above number.